One thing I absolutely hate about social media, is how everyone hypes things up to be better than what they really are! So, when the Hair Skin & Nail vitamins from ItWorks (the company behind that crazy wrap thing) hit the scene I was pretty skeptical about them. For months I had seen people post pictures of before and after pics, showcasing how long their hair had grown after using the Hair Skin & Nail vitamins for just one month. I definitely saw a difference in their hair growth after a month but, I thought they were exaggerating.
Honestly, I didn’t understand what the difference between taking biotin supplements and taking the Hair Skin and Nail vitamins. I mean I can get a bottle of biotin at GNC for $10 why would I want to pay $38 for a bottle of vitamins that could do the same thing. After doing my research, I realized that HSN vitamins and just plain biotin are totally not the same!
- 5000 mc of Biotin – Excellent for cell growth and is used frequently to strengthen hair and nails
- Horsetail Extract – Improves circulation and stimulates the hair follicles
- 200 mg MSM – An organic compound with sulfur as the main ingredient. Sulfur is an excellent producer of collagen
- It also contains, seaweed blend, algae extract, olive fruit extract, melon pulp extract, grape seed extract, Fo Ti root, alma root Vitamins C, E and B6. Each of these components are designed to help improve the growth of hair, skin and nails.
Unfortunately, even after doing my research, I still wasn’t convinced.
Because I belong to a circle where we support each others endeavors, my puddin pop Danielle mentioned me to one of our mutual friends that works as a Representative for ItWorks and she in turn reached out to me to see if I wanted to try out a few of her products. I wanted to try out the HSN vitamins because I wanted to prove the point that they didn’t really work… But I was wrong!!! Not long after my friend and I re-connected, I received my 30 day trial of the vitamins. I snapped a quick pic to document how short my hair was on day 1, as a way to see if the product actually worked on me. My first day taking the vitamins was July 23, 2016.
When August rolled around, I noticed a slight change in the length of my hair, but I really didn’t think the vitamins were doing much. That is, until I came back from vacation and everyone had mentioned how much my hair had grown since before I left.
When September came around, the vitamins had officially made me a believer. I definitely noticed that my hair had grown tremendously since I first started taking HSN… crazy thing is, I wasn’t even being consistent with taking the vitamins. I skipped a few days here and there, not on purpose but because I just simply forgot.
Can you see the difference???
So, in the end I ate my words! The HSN vitamins from ItWorks definitely do work. I still take them daily… well when I remember to take them I do. But, there were definitely some pros and cons to taking the vitamins…
Lets start with the cons…
- They are massive in size and sometimes I can’t bring myself to swallow them
- They smell and taste TERRIBLE!!! I had to start mashing them up and adding them to my morning smoothies
- If you don’t drink enough water, the vitamins will cause you to break out
- I suffered from major cystic acne breakouts in the area between my brows because I didn’t take heed to the point above…
- They are kind of expensive. If you sign up as a loyal member you end up paying $38 after shipping
Here are the pros…
- My hair grew and is continuing to grow
- My skin became more radiant and supple (after I started drinking more water)
- My nails were stronger and grew extremely fast, but I kept filing them down
- As soon as I was finished with one bottle, the next bottle was already in my mailbox
Overall, I was extremely happy with my results after using ItWorks. I’m not ashamed to say that my assumptions were absolutely wrong about the vitamins because they actually did work!
If you are interested in purchasing products from It works, please reach out to my plug Genese… she’s amazing and will get you everything you need!